Baked Bacon and Potato Breakfast
You can make this the night before, and it's Gluten Free
- 1 (12oz) package bacon
- 4c diced potatoes (about 4 medium-small potatoes)
- 3 green onions
- 1c pepper jack cheese
- 1c cheddar cheese (I prefer sharp)
- ½ tsp dry mustard powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 3 eggs
- 1c milk
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Cook bacon and crumble it. (I cooked mine in the oven on two foil-lined baking sheets at 375 degrees 20-25 minutes. You can do it any way you please.)
- While the bacon is cooking, cook potatoes in a large saute pan with olive oil and a little salt and pepper over medium heat until golden brown. Alternatively, you could roast them in the oven or use leftover cooked potatoes.
- Spray an 8x8" baking dish with nonstick spray. Place potatoes in the bottom. Sprinkle with pepper jack and cheddar cheese. Sprinkle with green onions.
- In a small bowl, whisk together milk, eggs, mustard powder, salt, and pepper. Pour egg mixture gently over the potatoes, cheese, and green onions. Sprinkle bacon over top of all.
- Cover and refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
- When ready to cook, bake at 350 degrees 45-50 minutes, or until the center is set. Allow to stand 15 minutes before cutting.
- Makes one 8x8" baking dish.