Cheesy Chicken and Rice
Photo by: WorlddRecipes
Have a wonderful day!
- 4 Tbs butter
- 2 Tbs fresh minced garlic
- 2 cups shredded, cooked chicken breast
- 4 cups steamed brown rice
- 1/4 cup all purpose, unbleached flour
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Top with 1 1/2 Cups shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
- 1 Tbs fresh chopped thyme (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Melt butter into a medium saucepan over medium high heat.
- Stir in garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Whisk in flour, chopped thyme, salt and pepper then slowly pour in chicken broth whisking continuously.
- Whisk until thick and nearly boiling then stir in cheese until melted.
- Stir in rice and chicken and then transfer to a 9×13 inch baking dish.
- Top with additional cheddar cheese, if desired, and bake for 25-30 minutes or until cheese is melted through. Serve.
From WorldCook - more here!