Taco Hashbrown Casserole
Photo by: SavedRecipes.com
Makes EVERYONE Happy!!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 cup diced Bell Pepper (Green, Red, whatever....)
- 1/2 cup corn
- 1 pkg taco seasoning
- 1 can (10.5 oz) tomato soup
- 1 pkg (3 oz) cream cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped onion, divided
- 2 cups Mexican-style shredded cheese, divided
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 bag (30 oz bag) frozen hash brown potatoes, thawed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Lightly grease or spray a 2 or 2 1/2 quart oblong casserole dish.
- Brown ground beef, half of the bell peppers and onion in a heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Drain fat from pan, reduce heat.
- Add the undiluted tomato soup, corn and the cream cheese.
- Stir until well combined and no chunks of cream cheese are visible.
- Stir in taco seasoning and 1 cup of the shredded cheese.
- Turn mixture into prepared pan, spreading mixture evenly across the bottom.
- In a separate bowl, combine the defrosted hash browns, the remaining peppers, salt, pepper and remaining 1 cup shredded cheese.
- Top ground beef with potato mixture, pressing it down slightly.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 30-35 minutes or until topping is browned and crispy on top.
from SavedRecipes.com - more here!