Chick Filet Sandwich
Chic...Fil....a - if you don't want to go to the restaurant
3 cups peanut oil
1 cup milk
1 cup flour
2 1/2 tablespoons powdered sugar
1/2 teaspoon pepper
2 tablespoons salt
2 Chicken Breasts, halved
4 hamburger buns
2 tablespoons melted butter
8 dill pickle slices
1. Heat the peanut oil in a pressure cooker over medium heat to about 400 degrees.
2. In a small bowl, beat the egg and stir in the milk.
3. In a separate bowl, combine the flour, sugar, pepper, and salt.
4. Dip each piece of chicken in milk until it is fully moistened.
5. Roll the moistened chicken in the flour mixture until completely coated.
6. Drop all four chicken pieces into the hot oil and close the pressure cooker. When steam starts shooting through the pressure release, set the timer for 3 1/2 minutes.
7. While the chicken is cooking, spread a coating of melted butter on the face of each bun.
8. When the chicken is done, reomove it from the oil and drain or blot on paper towels. Place two pickles on each bottom bun; add a chicken breast, then the top bun.
Makes 4 sandwiches
It is very important that your oil be hot for this recipe. Test the temperature by dropping some of the flour coating into the oil. If it bubbles rapidly, your oil is probably hot enough. It should take about 20 minutes to heat up. To make a "deluxe" chicken sandwich, simply add two tomato slices and a leaf of lettuce. Mayonnaise also goes well on this sandwich--it is a side order at the restaurant.
more at topsecretrecipes.com