Hot Taco Bowl
I love this variation... and it's a little easier than you thinkg
- 1 cup converted white rice
- 2 1/3 cups water
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 red bell pepper, cut in 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 green bell pepper, cut in 1/2 inch pieces
- 15 ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup taco sauce
- 1/2 cup finely shredded Cheddar Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- In a 3-quart saucepan, mix the rice, water, cumin, turmeric, onion powder, salt and garlic powder. Bring to a boil. Cover and reduce the heat.
- Simmer for 20 minutes or until all of the liquid is absorbed. Remove from the heat and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, coat the bottom of a 12-inch nonstick skillet with 1 teaspoon oil. Heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the bell peppers. Cook until charred and slightly tender, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the beans and heat for 1 minute. Add Cooked Ground Beef, Chicken, etc... here if you want (cook with Taco Seasoning of course)
- To serve, divide the rice evenly among 4 bowls. Top with the bean/pepper mixture, tomato, avocado, red onion, taco sauce, cheese and sour cream.