Easier Stuffed Peppers
This stuffed stuff is the stuff
- 4 large green bell peppers (can use red if you prefer)
- 1 lb of ground beef or turkey
- 1 Tbs. chopped onion
- 1 cup of cooked rice (Minute Rice is what I use)
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. garlic salt
- 1 can tomato sauce (15 oz)
- 1 - 1 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cut a circle around the top of the pepper and remove it (making a lid).
- Cut out seeds and membranes.
- Cook in boiling water for 5 - 7 minutes. Drain.
- While peppers are boiling, brown the ground beef (or turkey) until cooked through.
- Add in onion and cook until softened.
- Drain and return to the skillet.
- Mix in 1/4 - 1/3 cup of cheese.
- Add the rice, salt, garlic salt and 1 cup of tomato sauce to the beef. Cook until all is hot.
- Spoon the beef mixture into the peppers.
- Stand upright in a small baking dish (8x8 works best)
- Pour the remaining sauce over the tops of the peppers.
- Cover with foil and bake for 45 min.
- Uncover and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake until cheese is melted.